Ever have one of those "Ah Ha" moments that God gives you? Isn't it amazing how it can be in the oddest places too?
I got mine today... just thought I would share it with you.
So there I am...standing in line in a crowded, hot, little portable converted classroom that is kindly known as the "San Luis Obispo County Superior Court Office in Grover Beach"...and I am there to begrudgingly pay my 1st ever speeding ticket. (click on the link for the full story). I was honestly still very..hmm..how shall we say it...bitter about the whole ticket and not thrilled to be there in the first place! (trust me..I had thought of fighting it, but gave into it and just decided to let it go)
One gentleman in the group made time pass as he would strike up conversations with others, comparing notes...you know...awful police officer stories...fines...etc, etc, etc...all the while I continued to wallow and feed my self pitty party. As I neared the front of the line, I overheard the young girl, who couldn't have been more than 20, at the counter explaining her situation to the clerk and asking if she could get her fine reduced...it currently stood at $700.00. Hmm..ok..first thought..Wow! what did she do?...then came lesson number 1...my $157.00 was looking pretty good right about now, I should quit complaining (whining was more like it) and be thankful that we have jobs and were able to pay it (as begrudgingly as I wanted to).
Finally a clerk opened another window and it was at last my time to pay my dues. As I waited for my receipt, I again grumbled at the fact that I was EVEN there.....hoping that MR. "It's my job to enforce the speedlimit" cop was happy! hmph!( Ya..I admit..I had a bad attitude)
In the midst of my party..the kind clerk brings me back my receipt and says " Here ya go Julie, you are PAID IN FULL"
It hit me. PAID IN FULL. Not that my ticket was paid (at that point I could care less!)..but it hit me....
My sins...ME..little ol me..MY sins had been PAID IN FULL! Jesus Christ paid the ultimate sacrifice for ME! It was the "AhHa!" moment.
As I stumbled to the car, I giggled at the way God can use my bad attitude and teach me a little lesson. Apparently He wasn't done, because as I drove off, the most beautiful song came over my CD player. Phillips Craig and Dean were singing this version of it, and at that point..I do believe I lost it.
The following are the words to that beautiful song, and if you have speakers...turn up your volume and listen as Lincoln Brewster sings of How much God Loves us! If you've ever doubted His love...just remember.. YOU ARE PAID IN FULL!!
Amazed
You dance over me,While I am unaware.
You sing all around,But I never hear the sound.
Lord, I'm amazed by you
Lord, I'm amazed by you
Lord, I'm amazed by you
How you love me.
You paint the morning sky, With miracles in mind
My hope will always stand,For you hold me in your hand
Lord I'm amazed by you
Lord I'm amazed by you
Lord I'm amazed by you
How you love me.
How wide, how deep,
how great, is your love for me.
How wide, how deep,
how great, is your love for me.
Lord I'm amazed by you
Lord I'm amazed by you
Lord I'm amazed by you
How you love me.
Lord you love me.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a reminder! Maybe the speeding ticket was God ordained:)
Post a Comment