Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day

We usually avoid the crowded popular beaches on the major holidays around here.. Why fight the crowds when you can wait a week and enjoy them tourist free right??...well that is unless Bubba's friend invites him to hang out at the beach with him. I happily oblige, thinking..why not!

My tourist frustration is only enhanced as we drive the road out to the beach and see the signs (and cars) for Pops By the Sea (Symphony concert at Avila Resort)... Great... more people and NO Parking whatsoever!!...
that was until Bubba got on the phone with his friend to see where they were at... I hear..."oh ok..we'll just park there"


Bubs guides and directs me to a house...just a block and a half from the beach in which a lovely parking spot has been roped off for us! Ahh....Peace!!

Of course, having not ventured to Avila on a holiday...seeing all the people at the beach was quite a surprise! Umbrellas everywhere! A wedding going on over here... kids over there... wow! ( I hear the beaches are pretty crowded where we are going in Mexico...so maybe this was a good warm up!) I find my spot...plopped my chair down and enjoy the sunshine while watching the boys boogie board....and over course...do a little people watching! (very interesting folks you find at a crowded beach!)

Avila is such a charming town, and I must admit...I felt quite "touristy" as we walked around afterwards. It was quite fun and got me even more geared up for our upcoming vacation!!

No comments: