I was given clues, then blindfolded and taken hostage for my birthday. I wasn't told a thing, only to be ready at 5:15 and looking decent ( as in...no sweats or jammies!)We proceeded to then drive around what felt like the back roads of Africa ( feels like it when you are blindfolded and a teenager is driving!) and head to a destination unknown to me. ( Everyone else seemed to know!...of course they could see where THEY were going!)
With complete and total embarrassment, I was then paraded in front of a waiting dinner crowd only to follow the sounds of the party blowers in the distance! With my stomach in knots from the ride, I was finally able to remove the blindfold ( as beautiful as it was...) and see that we were standing in front of Applebees. The distant sounds of the party blowers were thanks to my parents, who met us there.
I was allowed to keep my blindfold off during dinner, and thankfully the good folks at Applebees knew better than to sing to me, but just handed me my Triple Chocolate Meltdown. ( Just the sound of that makes me weak in the knees!)
Sharing some sights from my birthday...
Sharing some sights from my birthday...
Pretty flowers from my family!
Something just not right about getting this card from your teenage daughter....
All those etiquette classes out the window!



1 comment:
I'm such a slacker friend...HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO YOU. It's on my calendar so next year I won't forget.
Can't wait for us girlies to get together. Miss ya! E says hi to Auntie Jules. He's 3 now and getting bigger everyday.
Post a Comment